How To Start A Blog To 6-Figure
In this TL;DW (Too Long; Didn’t Watch) episode, we’re going to extract the essence out of :
The video length is 1-hour 41-minute and 30-second! That’s a long video by Marcus indeed. Though I must say he is really hilarious and entertaining throughout the video while generously sharing his 20-year of internet knowledge in – How To Start Blogging & Shortcut Your Way To 6-Figure!
TL;DW Takeaways :
- Part 1 – Choose a niche based on data (Marcus’s ways are rather non-conventional) :
- Flippa – site details such as traffic and earnings give a good clue if the niche is profitable.
- Google ie. “Amazon affiliate disclosure” to research top affiliate sites.
- Google ie. “income reports blogger” for potential niches.
- Validate niche keywords with keyword research tool like Ahrefs or Keyword Revealer (a much cheaper but effective alternative to Ahrefs and SEMRush)
- Part 2 – Shortcut the domain process
- Shortcut the process by buying expired domain.
- Focus on keyword research – keyword difficulty vs volume (traffic).
- Part 3 – Skim competitors for top keywords
- Same advice – perform thorough keyword research
- Part 4 – Put up specific targeted content
- In short, generate content with SEO in mind.
- (Sad that Marcus didn’t cover much in content generation as I feel that t
- Part 5 – Watch the statistics
- Monitor site traffic and posts SERP (search engine ranking position).
- Part 6 – Monetize and grow
- This is (and should be) inclusive in Part 1 while performing niche research though.
Marcus’s flow of thoughts in this live YouTube streaming may not be exactly “sequential”, lol; but let me further extract the essence of the above this TL;DR (Too Long; Didn’t Read) gold nuggets :
- Select your niche based on data; keyword research!
- Shortcut by acquiring expired domain